Kate Watson acts for various entities including private equity firms, public corporations and not-for-profit corporations, and owner-operated private companies. Kate’s practice is focused on meeting both the business and personal legal needs of her entrepreneurial clients.
In addition to advising on the daily commercial requirements of her clients, Kate often assists clients with the following:
- equity and debt financings
- mergers, acquisitions and sale transactions
- corporate reorganizations
- partnerships and joint ventures
- business formation, including the incorporation of professional corporations
- shareholders agreements
- employee stock options and other equity and equity-linked compensation programs
- wills, trusts and family business succession planning
Prior to joining Holmberg Watson, Kate was Assistant General Counsel to a publicly listed private equity company, where her focus was on mergers and acquisitions and both bank and private financing transactions. Previously, she was an associate lawyer at a prominent Canadian full-service law firm, where she engaged in a broad corporate practice.
Kate’s goal is to be a trusted business advisor to her clients by providing practical, proactive and strategic legal and business advice.