Tracey Tremayne-Lloyd (TTL) is a Certified Specialist in Health Law and has been practicing health law for over two decades.
At the time TTL began her dedication to the study and practice of health law, the subject was not taught in Canadian law schools, nor was it recognized as a specialty by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Recognizing the changing legal landscape and increased legal oversight and accountability in health care delivery, TTL became a writer, lecturer, and practitioner in a new regulatory, policy driven, and legally restrictive arena.
AREAS OF PRACTICE AND INDUSTRY SPECIALTY
- Health Law - providing advice and representation regarding hospital governance issues, including privileges disputes, department conflicts and other hospital matters; representing clients as counsel before various committees and tribunals, as well as in litigation, mediation, arbitration and peer proceedings; and in health policy matters including advising and providing opinions on current and emerging regulatory and health policy issues in a government-sponsored health care system.
- Litigation - representing clients in courtroom, mediation, arbitration and other advocacy forums on a wide variety of matters, including civil litigation, labour and human rights.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1984
- University of Western Ontario, LL.B. 1983
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association - Ontario Health Law and Civil Litigation Sections
- Advocates’ Society
- Ontario Trial Lawyers’ Association
- International Trial Lawyers’ Association
- American Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Women’s Law Society of Ontario
- Medico-Legal Society and its Professional Outreach Committee, Executive Committee
- American Institute of Law Medicine